Thursday, October 22, 2009

I was there, last year...

Had drafted this blog long back... but became lazy of uploading the pics... without which the write up would have been incomplete... but finally astha made me too nostalgic about our paradise of 4 months... so here i am with my cup of memories to share with... 


    

This is the pic of my virtually the last day in bombay! or with all due respect shud i call it MUMBAI! A day before we came back home for diwali...we had our formal farewell to each other by cutting one pastry for smita's bday that we were gonna miss( coz she wud be back home in yavatmal on her bday) and other pastry for all the good times we had together... and my cam captured this Random Moment of Life... last diwali had been different from this... in a lot of respects...
With the end of the year... it was an end of a lot of other things.... most importantly our 4 months stay in the glamorous city marked the ending... with that it also marked end of one phase of my relations with my friends, aquaintances, and even with my ownself... but simultaneously it also marked the begining of the phase II of the relationships once i was back... but it was totally a different scenerio as compared to the experience of those 4 months of my life...


It has always been my habit to relate instances of my life with people involved with it... so if i think of Those Four Months Of My life... (sounds like the title of some chetan bhagat book :).. ) the first images appear of my newly invented friendship with some always known people... following the images of the queens necklace, chocolate divine, carter road, that dhaba on the office lane, adventure travels in a local train, bandstand or even the bus stand where we used to go after lunch... god! the list is never ending...


 



It was also an end of a series of experiences that we wouldnt have experienced other wise... travelling in a local train dressed in a saree is one such experience... he he he


 


 
 There have been some such memories that have made a permanent impression over my life... and there have been some other that will wither away as we will get busy with our so called professional lives... but i believe everyone of us who was a part of this journey of four months... spent the most beautiful time of life...


Well, i could write pages over this... but let it be some other day... on a closing note... this is the following are the words i wrote on 24th Oct 2008...a day before departing... again wrote them while returning back from office in a local train...


Departures are always painful
And endings always hurt.
I wish this could go on...
but all of us have to move on...
I wish i could live this
just a moment more...
I wish I could feel the freedom
just a little long...
i want not to cause u hurt
but i need to say a good-bye
There is something in me that needs to die...
But before i leave
I want you to know,
What a great mentor,
you have been to me!
The moments we've shared
will always make me smile
But now we part in seperate ways
& with others spend our latter days
Still in our wealty memories
let others see that part of me
the part you'll always have
the part of me that made you laugh...
In time you'll see, much of you is me
Our friendship thus was true
And before I go, the world will know,
how much of me is you...


P.S.: On reading this, one may find it ends on a sad note... for me it doesnt... in true sense it just doesnt really end for me... but if you try reading between the lines... its just the longing for the fun time i shared with the most amazing people on the face of earth! Three cheers to all of us!



    

1 comment:

  1. cheers!

    wid wonderful ppl like u all wid me,dat city seemed more cheerful,happening and lively to me.

    girl... drag me out of this beautiful(virtual) world....my aspirations are growing day by day,accelerating at nites n dat enchanting city is callin me back.

    ReplyDelete